For many centuries, people have accumulated experience in the treatment of herbs. Phytotherapy also gives excellent results in skin care. More and more women abandon expensive cosmetics and switch to homemade beauty products, made with their own hands only from natural ingredients. Folk remedies from herbs for wrinkles are an excellent alternative to beauty procedures in salons and clinics.
Healing effect of herbs
Herbal cosmetics contain most of the minerals, organic acids and other elements necessary for the full functioning of the epithelial tissues.
Cosmetologists have divided the herbs into groups, taking into account the type and problems of the skin. Over 2 thousand varieties of medicinal plants are known to traditional medicine, 20 items are used in home medical cosmetics, including:
- nettle, plantain, mint are more suitable for oily skin;
- thyme, oregano, calendula are best used by women with a dry type of surface;
- parsley, dandelion, celandine have whitening properties;
- soothe, relieve inflammation will help oak bark, chamomile, calendula or twine;
- rosemary with sage will eliminate wrinkles around the eyes, mouth, forehead wrinkles;
- lime, St. John's wort contributes to narrowing of pores, tones the epidermis, removes oily shine;
- Reviews of seaweed for face rejuvenation - sea grass, praise its unique effect on the skin.
Rules for use at home
Infusions and decoctions of medicinal plants can save the skin from many defects and premature aging. In order for the result to be as effective as possible, you need to follow several rules for using them at home, as well as knowing the characteristics of a particular recipe. To begin with, before applying in practice, it is important to familiarize yourself with the basics of phytocosmetology.
Basic recommendations for the use of medicinal plants:
- There are several ways to use herbs for the face: add them to masks, for daily washing, rubbing or lotions, make cosmetic ice.
- The first thing to do is to check for an allergic reaction on a small area of the skin of the arm and, only after making sure that it is absent, apply the product on the face.
- If you have a favorite homemade mask, it is easy to improve it by replacing the liquid component (milk, juice) with a decoction of herbs.
- After a course of 10-15 herbal masks, you need to take a short break, then change the composition of the product so that the skin does not "get used to it".
- If the plants are harvested alone, they cannot even be dried, they can still be used fresh.
- All decoction recipes should be applied immediately or a few hours after their preparation.
- To store cosmetic formulations, it is best to use glass or ceramic containers.
- If there are fresh scratches on the face, acne, inflammation, scars or traces of recent plastic surgery, it is better to postpone the procedure with medicinal herbs.
- It is possible to store the harvested plants for two years, in a dry place, inaccessible to sunlight.
To resist any herbal mask on the face it should not last more than 30 minutes. Why, since all useful plants are biologically active only for half an hour.
Regular use of popular beauty recipes will help to achieve excellent results. So, masks for oily skin are best used twice a week, and for dry skin - once. For prevention, it is enough to make a herbal mask once every ten days.
Advantages of medical cosmetics
The contribution of plants to skin rejuvenation is colossal. Many factors contribute to this:
- naturalness, respect for the environment of the components;
- deep action of masks, decoctions;
- richness, variety of plants allows you to choose the right recipe for any type;
- slow down aging, intensely moisturize, give elasticity, healthy color, it is possible without fear for the health of the body, avoiding irritation, inflammation;
- Medicinal herbs are absorbed by the cells by 100%, in contrast to cosmetic preparations with chemical components.
The second name of this herb for youth is oregano. The plant contains biologically active substances, essential oil, ascorbic acid. Oregano cleanses, refreshes the complexion, smoothes wrinkles, relieves inflammation. The plant stimulates the production of collagen, a protein responsible for skin elasticity. Oregano is a good antiseptic, so its decoction is used for acne, microcracks or wounds.
Anti-aging skin recipes:
- Pour 10 g of oregano with 400 ml of boiling water, cook in a water bath for 10 minutes. Cool, filter. Use the liquid as thermal water, tonic, cleanser.
- In 50 ml of the decoction prepared according to the above recipe, add 5 ml of grape oil and 8 drops of vitamin A. Pour the liquid into the molds for ice, freeze. Clean the skin with the cubes in the evening.
- Pour 5 g of chopped oregano with 100 ml of alcohol. Infuse the mixture for 2 weeks in a dark place. This remedy treats inflammation and acne, enriching antiseptic ointments or tonics. It is not used in its pure form.
- Mix 5 ml of oregano infusion (recipe above), 50 ml of chamomile decoction, 4 drops of sandalwood essential oil. Cleanse your face with the toner morning and evening. Relieves inflammation, whitens the skin, strengthens thin blood vessels.
When to use it and contraindications
Herbs can be used to combat deficiencies:
- inflammation, acne;
- multiple age spots;
- the formation of new wrinkles;
- excessive dryness, peeling of the skin
- allergic reactions, itching, redness;
- swelling, blue in the eye area;
- oily sheen, dull color of the epidermis.
There are several contraindications to the use of herbal cosmetics:
- individual allergy to the drug;
- diseases associated with the circulatory system, oncology;
- postoperative condition (presence of fresh wounds).
Herbs for facial wrinkles
The desired effect in the fight against the signs of skin aging can be obtained by washing daily with herbal infusions.
In addition, washing can achieve multiple results at the same time:
- cleansing from sweat and sebaceous secretions, dust particles and dirt;
- remove acne, relieve inflammation, narrow pores;
- tone the skin.
What you need to know about preparing and using tonic for washing:
- prepare a product on water or alcohol: the water tonic is stored for no more than two days, alcohol - up to two weeks;
- use aromatic herbs: chamomile, sage, parsley, celandine; nettle, St. John's wort, green tea;
- natural vegetable juices - aloe, citrus, cucumber;
- the tonic does not need to be washed off;
- use the remedy every day, in the evening and in the morning.
Recipes that will restore the youth and beauty of the face
Cleansing, replenishing the water balance of the cells will help the tonic based on linden flowers. You need 2 tbsp. flowers, pour 250 ml of boiling water, cover the container, strain after half an hour. Cleanse your skin in the morning and evening.
For cleansing oily skin only, use 1 tsp. a complex of herbs (calendula flowers, cornflower, violets) and 1 tbsp. chamomile, pouring boiling water (0, 5 l). The next day, clean the problem areas with a decoction. The tool will remove impurities, refresh the skin.
A mask of aloe juice and oatmeal will help get rid of wrinkles around the eyes. Mix the ingredients in a ratio of 2: 1, apply the mixture in a thin layer for 10 minutes. Remove the rest with a cotton swab.
Another proven version of the mask for rejuvenation is prepared from the paste of nettle leaves, St. collected for 0, 5 l of liquid. Infuse the product for about 3 hours, squeeze until a homogeneous consistency (if possible), then distribute the mass on clean skin. Wash off the residue after half an hour.
To restore a healthy complexion, the elasticity of the epidermis will help a peppermint and green tea mask (1 tablespoon of each component). Pour the boiling water over the mixture for a while. Then drain the water (it can be used as a tonic, ice base), lay the herbs themselves on the surface. After 15 minutes, remove the dough.
If you still do not trust the rejuvenating power of herbs, then we recommend that you study the information on pharmaceutical products for the face, perhaps the methods of traditional medicine are more suitable for you.
The plant is rich in antioxidants and biologically active substances that smooth wrinkles and remove age spots. Sage decoction slows down the aging process, tones, softens and refreshes the skin, regulates the sebaceous glands. In addition, the plant helps to get rid of acne, acne and rosacea - dilated capillaries on the face. The herb is suitable for any type of healthy or problem skin.
Method of preparation and use:
- Decoction for washing. Pour 1, 5 tsp. sage 1 cup boiling water, then simmer the mixture in a water bath for 20-30 minutes. Strain the liquid, cool. Wash your face with the decoction in the morning after the main skin cleansing.
- Massage blend. Mix 5ml of base oil and 2 drops of sage essential oil. Perform active strokes of the skin from the center of the forehead to the temples, from the chin and wings of the nose to the ears, then counterclockwise around the eyelids. Along the same lines, pats, blows, pressure.
- Cosmetic ice cream for toning. Pour 7 g of sage and 1 g of chamomile flowers into 120 ml of hot (not boiling) water. Infuse the product for 1 hour in a sealed container. Add 3 drops of sage essential oil. Mix, strain. Pour into molds, send to the freezer. Clean your face with an ice cube along the lines of the lymphatic flow in the morning and in the evening.
This is what you need to know when rejuvenating with herbs!
- Some herbs are allergens. Before using a cosmetic product, perform a trial test.
- For cosmetic purposes, use plants purchased at the pharmacy (its quality is guaranteed) or collected in proven and environmentally friendly areas.
- Study the characteristics, the properties of each component, should be aimed at solving the problem, based on the type of surface.
- Prepare the decoctions for up to 3 days of use, store the mushy mixes for no more than 2 days.
- To achieve greater effect, do not forget to include anti-aging foods in your daily diet, perform massages, facial gymnastics.
- Washing with a decoction after an energetic facial massage contributes to the rapid saturation of cells with nutrients, activates processes, including the production of collagen and elastin fibers.
- Herbal cosmetic ice effectively hydrates and nourishes skin cells. Learn more about making ice wonder recipes here.
This anti-aging herb is used in Ayurveda, an Indian folk medicine. Dried roots and stems, loose powder or capsule extract are suitable for rejuvenation. When ingested, guduchi removes toxins, heals the liver, strengthens the immune system, improves metabolism - metabolism. When applied externally, it relieves acne, tones, soothes the skin.
- Cucumber face mask - useful properties and detailed recipes for cooking at home with a photo
- Echinacea purpurea
- Herbs to increase potency in men
Guduchi powder in capsules is sold in Ayurvedic stores. The second name of the plant is giloy. It is taken as directed, usually 1 tablet (0. 5-1 g) twice daily with warm water, honey, or ghee. Powder from capsules is added to masks, scrubs, but ingestion is preferable.
Benefits of cucumber for the skin
Cucumber is a natural nourishing face serum rich in vitamins. Due to its high water content, cucumber is considered a natural sorbent, moisturizer and a storehouse of vitamins (B1, B2, ascorbic acid, K, iodine, sulfur). That is why this resistant ingredient is used in cosmetology. Benefits of cucumber for skin:
- has a rejuvenating and regenerating effect;
- improves turgor;
- positively affects metabolic processes;
- removes dark circles under the eyes;
- relieves swelling;
- eliminates age spots.
If you need to get rid of dark circles around the eyes, get rid of age spots, cheer up or refresh, you need to use cucumber for the face in the form of slices or circles. If the skin of the face is threatened with dehydration, a mask based on grated cucumber or cucumber juice, oatmeal, cottage cheese will always come to the rescue.
How to get rid of the first facial wrinkles with cosmetics
The market for cosmetic products in the modern world is filled with a variety of names, among which you can most often hear the following: creams, oils, gels, masks, serums and balms. Each of them has its own mechanism of action. In total, three large groups can be distinguished:
- Preparations based on hyaluronic acid are mainly used to moisturize and are a way to prevent wrinkles. The molecules of such products are so large that they are unable to penetrate deep into the dermis, but they can hydrate it well and protect it from dehydration.
- Products containing collagen and elastin are excellent for rejuvenation.
- Products containing peptides consist mainly of amino acid molecules linked to peptides. Each of them has its own structure. In everyday life they are called "targeted signal peptides", because they can prevent the transmission of nerve impulses to the facial muscles, initiate the synthesis of mucopolysaccharides, collagen, etc. As a result of the use of such agents, the muscles relax completely, the collagen fibers are restructured, and the contour-tightening effect occurs.
How do folk remedies work?
Let's find out how folk remedies used for mimic wrinkles work. Main action:
- Moisturizing. Loss of moisture and excessive dryness is one of the main causes of expression lines. Natural oils, dairy products, fresh vegetables and fruits have a moisturizing effect.
- Nutrition. The additional intake of vitamins, minerals and amino acids keeps the skin healthy. Oils, fruits, berries, vegetables, egg yolk have a nourishing effect.
- Lifting effect. Over time, the skin not only becomes wrinkled but also begins to sag. To tighten the skin by folk methods, it is recommended to use egg white, starch, gelatin.
- Eliminate swelling. Often, edemas form under the eyes, to eliminate them, masks with raw potatoes and parsley are recommended.
Eliminate wrinkles around the lips
Vertical wrinkles around the mouth appear, as a rule, later than in other mimic wrinkles. But they make the face look older. Most importantly, do not wait for wrinkles to appear, but start making masks prophylactically.
- With pumpkin seeds. You will need to clean the raw pumpkin seeds and grind them in a blender until smooth. For a tablespoon of crushed seeds, take 10 ml of castor oil and almond oil. Scrub everything. Apply a thick layer to the area around the lips for half an hour.
- Starch.You will need dry potatoes or cornstarch. One tablespoon of this product will need to be mixed with vegetable oil. It is preferable to take flax seeds, but you can use any other unrefined ones. To make it easier to mix the starch with the oil, literally pour it drop by drop, mixing well. The result should be a thick mixture of toothpaste consistency. Apply the prepared "paste" on the area around the lips for half an hour.
- With sauerkraut.It is necessary to grind the cabbage in a blender until a homogeneous puree is obtained. Add a teaspoon of unrefined vegetable oil to a tablespoon of cabbage puree. Spread the resulting mass on the problem area for twenty minutes.
- With peas.Two types of masks are prepared from peas. For the first option, dried peas are used, for the second, fresh or frozen peas are used. The first version of the mask is prepared as follows: grind dried peas in a coffee grinder until a state of flour is obtained. Pour a tablespoon of the resulting product with a small amount of warm milk to create a thick mass. Introduce 5 ml of cosmetic oil (any) into the cooled mass. Apply the mixture for a quarter of an hour. The second version of the mask is even easier to prepare. Grind fresh peas into puree and mix them with thick sour cream in a ratio of one to one. If a freshly frozen product is used, it must be allowed to thaw. Canned peas cannot be used to make a rejuvenating mask.
- Apple.For the preparation of this composition, a fresh apple is used. It must be peeled and grated on a fine grater. On a spoonful of applesauce, take a teaspoon of liquid honey, grind. Apply for twenty minutes.
- Curd.For this composition, you need fresh cottage cheese, ideally homemade. Mix a tablespoon of cottage cheese with a tablespoon of freshly prepared carrot juice. If the cottage cheese was dry and the mass turned out to be thick, add a little kefir or sour cream. Apply the mixture to the skin around the lips for thirty minutes.
The composition includes: 1 tbsp. a tablespoon of natural yogurt, 2 teaspoons of banana puree, half a teaspoon of honey or olive oil.
Mix all the ingredients into a homogeneous mass and apply for 15-20 minutes on the face. Remove the mask with cosmetic wipes and rinse the residues with water.
With chickpea flour
You will need: 1 tbsp. a tablespoon of chickpea flour, 100 g of water, 1 tbsp. a tablespoon of olive oil, half a teaspoon of an oily solution of vitamin E, 1 yolk.
How beauty salons offer to get rid of mimic wrinkles
Modern cosmetology supports us with cutting-edge techniques. Some of the anti-aging methods are found in almost all salons. Below is a list of the most common ones:
The object of influence is not the eyes and the surrounding area, but directly the cheekbone area. All manipulations are carried out along their line. Still, grinding is considered to be the best among all available methods. But this operation has a global drawback: unfortunately it severely damages the skin. For a qualitative result, it is necessary to carry out this procedure in a good salon on reliable equipment. From the foregoing, we can conclude that such rectification is not worth considering as the best option.
also carried out along the cheekbones. True, here is a caveat - this operation is absolutely individual. And only a qualified specialist can do this.
It stimulates cells to regenerate faster by exposing them to pulsed light flashes. Collagen and elastin also begin to be produced more productively. The effectiveness is obvious: the tone is evened out and wrinkles are smoothed out.
The basis of this procedure is the introduction of products with hyaluronic acid into the subcutaneous space, which allows you to get rid of wrinkles and helps to forget about their existence for a while.
One thing unites all the proposed methods: a visible result in a short time. But each has its strengths and weaknesses. The main drawback, perhaps, can be considered their high cost. And since a full course is required, such rejuvenation can significantly affect the family budget.
Reasons for appearance
The face is the most exposed part of the body, so the skin in this area is exposed to negative influences on a daily basis. Therefore, even in people who are restrained in the manifestation of feelings, the appearance of facial wrinkles is inevitable. An inconspicuous web initially appears, then wrinkles deepen.
The causes of facial wrinkles can be divided into internal and external. TOinternal factorscan be attributed:
- Physiological aging. This process is natural and inevitable.
- Activefacial expressions. This factor can be controlled. Of course, it's impossible not to use facial expressions at all, but the habit of wrinkling your forehead or squinting must be unlearned.
- Strong weight loss.It is recommended that you monitor your body weight and try to avoid sudden weight gains.
- Bad habits. Smokers are known to develop wrinkles earlier.
- Impactenvironment. Many factors negatively affect the condition of the skin: wind, poor water quality, polluted and too dry air, frost, ultraviolet rays.
- Climatic characteristics. Living in areas that are too hot or too cold increases the risk of premature wrinkles.
To reduce the negative impact of external factors, you need to try to protect your skin. Use creams with ultraviolet filter, protect the skin from frost and wind.
Fish oil - natural nourishment of the skin of the face
Fish oil is an indispensable folk remedy. Help improve appearance and enrichment with a full set of vitamins, rich in fish oil. It is used not only for the preparation of masks, but also for internal use, thanks to which all toxins and toxins that cause acne are removed from the body. Fish oil for the face and its benefits:
- suitable for any type of skin;
- an ideal component for girls and women of age;
- effectively smoothes wrinkles;
- nourishes the skin of the face;
- helps improve appearance;
- normalizes hormonal levels and metabolic processes;
A popular recipe for the mask is prepared on the basis of capsular fish oil, for this it is enough to arm yourself with a syringe and completely extract the contents of the capsule, and then apply a thin layer of fat to the problem areas (forehead, chin, eyes) .
How else can you fight wrinkles: effective ways to free and smooth the skin of the face
Use milk not only as a component of various cosmetics, but also for washing. Of course, this applies to natural village milk, not powdered. Dilute the milk with warm water in equal proportions and wash your face. Then remove the excess liquid from the face and apply a nourishing cream. This procedure must be done at night.
In addition to creams, masks, scrubs, use various herbal infusions and decoctions (chamomile, parsley, bay leaf) for washing. You can also make ice with these decoctions and wipe your face with it.
To combat wrinkles, it is not enough to use only external means. Healthy, youthful skin depends on many factors.
- Drink enough water (at least two liters per day). As we have said, skin aging begins when it begins to lose moisture. But moisture is needed not only from the skin, but also from all internal organs. Also, if there is not enough fluid for the kidneys, liver, heart, etc. - most important objects from the point of view of the body - then it will take this fluid first of all from the skin. Therefore, we repeat: drink more liquids, let them be enough for everyone, do not force your body to choose who needs it most.
- Eat well. Your diet must be balanced.
- Get enough sleep. Lack of sleep primarily affects the face. Sleep in a cool room with fresh air.
- Smoking and alcohol also age you faster.
- Being more outdoors, leading an active lifestyle (without forgetting to protect the skin from the harmful effects of sun, wind, heat and frost).
All these simple rules will help you keep your skin young for a long time.